- vt. 建议；打算，计划；求婚
- vi. 建议；求婚；打算
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. pro- "forward, forth" + pos- + -e.
2. 含义：put forward, put forth. => bring forth a proposition or argument.
- propose: see purpose
- propose (v.)
- mid-14c., from Old French proposer "propose, advance, suggest" (12c.), from pro- "forth" (see pro-) + poser "put, place" (see pose (v.1)). Meaning "make an offer of marriage" is first recorded 1764. Related: Proposed; proposing. See also propone, which coexisted with this word for a time.
- 1. And where do you propose building such a huge thing?
- 2. Lavalais raised his glass to propose a toast to the newlyweds.
- 3. I asked Robin Balfour and Derek Haig to propose and second me.
- 4. Britain is about to propose changes to some institutions.
- 5. I would like to propose a vote of thanks to our host.
[ propose 造句 ]