- n. 爆竹；嘲讽；讽刺文章
- vt. 放爆竹；写讽刺短文攻击；信口讲
- vi. 放小爆竹；写讽刺短文
来自拟声词根 squ-,挤，压，模仿挤压湿物体时发出的吧唧声。模仿小爆竹爆炸发出的吧唧 声。
- squib (n.)
- 1520s, "short bit of sarcastic writing, witty scoff," of unknown origin. If the meaning "small firework that burns with a hissing noise" (also 1520s) is the original one, the word might be imitative.
- 1. The all-party meeting was a damp squib.
- 2. You know what I mean -- a squib or two saying that it's going to take place. "
- 你明白我的意思 -- 来上两三句说明何时何地有这么场演出就行了. ”
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
- 3. These can be ignited as by means of a squib or exploded with a cartridge.
- 4. The party was a bit of a damp squib.
- 5. North Korea's nuclear test was a damp squib in market terms.
[ squib 造句 ]