- n. 私家侦探
- n. (Sherlock)人名；(英)舍洛克
常见姓氏，字面意思为头发漂亮的，来自古英语 scir,漂亮的，词源同 sheer,shine,locc,一绺头
- masc. proper name, literally "fair-haired," from Old English scir "bright" + locc "lock of hair." Slang for "private detective, perceptive person" (the latter often ironic) is attested from 1903, from A.C. Doyle's fictional character Sherlock Holmes (full name in this sense used from 1896; Holmes debuted in 1887 and was popular by 1892).
- 1. Oh, well done, Sherlock. Did you figure that out all by yourself?
- 2. Sherlock Holmes is a famous Sherlock in stories.
- 3. Sherlock Holmes is a famous detective in stories.
- 4. Sherlock Holmes had many adventures.
- 5. He's said to be China's answer to Sherlock Holmes.
[ Sherlock 造句 ]