3. slip => slop: 指具有滑动特性的低质的流质或半流质物质。
4. slip => slop: 液体物质流出来、溢出来、滑出来的东西。
来自辅音丛 sl-,黏滑的，淤泥的，泥浆的，比较 slop,slosh,slough,sludge.用于指泔水，剩饭菜。
- slop: see slip
- slop (n.)
- c. 1400, "mudhole," probably from Old English -sloppe "dung" (in plant name cusloppe, literally "cow dung"), related to slyppe "slime" (see slip (v.)). Meaning "semiliquid food" first recorded 1650s; that of "refuse liquid of any kind, household liquid waste" (usually slops) is from 1815. Meaning "affected or sentimental material" is from 1866.
- slop (n.2)
- late 14c., "loose outer garment," probably from Middle Dutch slop, of uncertain origin, corresponding to words in Old Norse and perhaps in Old English. Sense extended generally to "clothing, ready-made clothing" (1660s), usually in plural slops. Hence, also, slop-shop "shop where ready-made clothes are sold" (1723).
- slop (v.)
- "to spill carelessly" (transitive), 1550s, from slop (n.1). Intransitive sense from 1746. Related: Slopped; slopping.
- 1. She used to slop around all day in old jeans and sweatshirts.
- 2. If you roll a ball up a slop, it will roll down again.
- 如果你把球滚上斜坡, 它还会滚下来.
- 3. Don't slop your coffee in the saucer like that.
- 看你,别把咖啡洒得满盘子都是. ”
- 4. If anything can put Slop down, Arabin will do it.
- 要是有什么办法可以把斯洛普压制下去, 阿拉宾保管会做的.
- 5. I had to slop through the rain.
[ slop 造句 ]