- n. 爱尔兰式曲棍球；猛投
- v. 用力投掷（hurl的现在分词）
- hurling (n.)
- verbal noun of hurl (q.v.); attested 1520s as a form of hockey played in Ireland; c. 1600 as the name of a game like hand-ball that once was popular in Cornwall.
- 1. Gangs rioted last night, breaking storefront windows and hurling rocks and bottles.
- 2. The boat rocked wildly, hurling him into the water.
- 这艘船剧烈地晃动, 把他甩到水中.
- 3. Fancy hurling away a good chance like that, the silly girl!
- 想想她竟然把这样一个好机会白白丢掉了, 真是个傻姑娘!
- 4. Hurling insults and threats is no way to fight.
- 5. The bomber had breached security by hurling his dynamite from a roof overlooking the building.
[ hurling 造句 ]