- kindling (n.)
- "material for lighting fire," 1510s, from present participle of kindle (v.). Earlier "a setting alight" (c. 1300).
- 1. There were neat piles of kindling wood against the wall.
- 2. " Coal and kindling all in the shed in the backyard. "
- “ 煤,劈柴,都在后院小屋里. ”
来自汉英文学 - 骆驼祥子
- 3. " I'll split kindling tomorrow, " he said over his thin ragged shoulder.
- “ 明天我劈引火柴, ” 他回过头来又说,衬衣的肩部都磨薄磨破了.
- 4. " You'll need kindling and medium wood and logs and backlogs.
- “ 点火柴、引火柴、原木、垫底的,你都用得着. ”
- 5. This wood needs to be splintered into kindling for the fire.
[ kindling 造句 ]