CET6+ TEM8 GRE TOEFL
1、juris- + dict- + -ion.
2、字面含义为：administration of justice.
- jurisdiction: see judge
- jurisdiction (n.)
- early 14c. "administration of justice" (attested from mid-13c. in Anglo-Latin), from Old French juridiccion (13c.) and directly from Latin iurisdictionem (nominative iurisdictio) "administration of justice, jurisdiction," from ius (genitive iuris; see jurist) "right, law" + dictio "a saying" (see diction). Meaning "extent or range of administrative power" is from late 14c. Related: Jurisdictional.
- 1. The court has no jurisdiction over foreign diplomats living in this country.
- 2. It hardly falls within the area under the police station's jurisdiction.
- 3. It doesn't lie within my jurisdiction to set you free.
- 4. A school is a principal's jurisdiction.
- 5. Changzhou is under the jurisdiction of Jiangsu Province.
[ jurisdiction 造句 ]