- vt. 断定为…；使…基于
- vi. 断言，断定
- n. 谓语，述语
- adj. 谓语的；述语的
1. predicate <===> proclaim. 构词逻辑差不多。
3. pre- + dic- + -ate.
4. => "assert, proclaim, declare publicly".
5. => "that which is said of the subject".
- predicate: see indicate
- predicate (n.)
- mid-15c., a term in logic, from Middle French predicat and directly from Medieval Latin predicatum, from Latin praedicatum "that which is said of the subject," noun use of neuter past participle of praedicare "assert, proclaim, declare publicly," from prae- "forth, before" (see pre-) + dicare "proclaim," from stem of dicere "to speak, to say" (see diction). Grammatical sense is from 1630s. Related: Predicative; predicator; predicatory.
- predicate (adj.)
- 1887, from Latin praedicatus, past participle of praedicare "proclaim, announce" (see predicate (n.)).
- predicate (v.)
- 1550s, back formation from predication, or else from Latin praedicatus, past participle of praedicare "proclaim, announce" (see predicate (n.)). Related: Predicated; predicating. Phrase predicated on "founded on, based on," is American English, first recorded 1766.
- 1. We predicate rationality of man.
- 2. Most religions predicate life after death.
- 3. Can we predicate of a dog that it has a soul?
- 关于狗,我们能断定它有灵魂 吗 ?
- 4. In general, a grammatical clause contains a subject and a predicate.
- 一般说来, 一个合乎语法的从句包含有主语与谓语.
- 5. It can serve as subject, predicate, object, attribute and adverbial modifier.
- 可以作主语 、 谓语 、 宾语 、 定语、状语.
[ predicate 造句 ]