- vt. 用粗锉刀锉；粗声粗气地说
- vi. 锉磨；用粗嘎的嗓门说
- n. [机] 粗锉刀；锉磨声；刺耳声
- n. (Rasp)人名；(德)拉斯普
1. grasp => rasp => 哥哥抓住、紧握粗锉刀用力地锉磨，想将工具磨快，在锉磨的过程中发出了刺耳的刮擦声。
- rasp (v.)
- mid-13c., "to scrape," from Middle Dutch raspen and from Old French rasper (Modern French râper) "to grate, rasp," which is perhaps from a West Germanic source (compare Old English gehrespan) akin to the root of raffle. Vocalic sense is from 1843. Related: Rasped; rasping.
- rasp (n.)
- "coarse file," 1540s, from Middle French raspe (Modern French râpe), from Old French rasper "to rasp" (see rasp (v.)).
- 1. He was still laughing when he heard the rasp of Rennie's voice.
- 2. There was the rasp of a bolt and the door opened.
- 3. There was an ugly rasp in his voice.
- 4. He's got a surface flow of suavity, but he's rough as a rasp underneath.
- 他表面看来和和气气的, 其实是个粗野狂暴的恶棍.
- 5. We are going to rasp off the rough edges.
[ rasp 造句 ]