- clime (n.)
- 1540s, shortening of climate (or a nativization of Latin clima). It might usefully take up the old, abandoned "horizontal region of the earth" sense of climate, but it is used chiefly by the poets and with no evident agreement on just what they mean by it.
- 1. Plants from a cold clime travel best in winter.
- 2. Love is a pleasing but a various clime.
- 3. Love a pleasing but a various clime.
- 4. After that, we'll be moving on to Tanzania, where we're going to clime Kilimanjaro.
- 此后我们将继续前往坦桑尼亚, 在那里我们要攀登乞里马扎山.
[ clime 造句 ]