CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- shortcoming (n.)
- 1670s, from the phrase to come short "be inadequate" (1570s); see short (adj.). Related: Shortcomings.
- 1. As soon as she realized she had a particular shortcoming, she resolutely overcame it.
- 她一发现自己的毛病, 就坚决改正.
- 2. As we know prolixity is a big shortcoming to write articles.
- 3. Not being punctual is his greatest shortcoming.
- 4. Rudeness is his chief shortcoming.
- 5. If it were not for this shortcoming, he is a fairly good teacher.
- 要不是有这一缺点, 他本是一个相当好的教师.
[ shortcoming 造句 ]