英 [,fɑːmə'suːtɪk(ə)l; -'sjuː-]
TEM8 IELTS GRE
- pharmaceutical (adj.)
- 1640s (pharmaceutic in the same sense is from 1540s), from Late Latin pharmaceuticus "of drugs," from Greek pharmakeutikos, from pharmakeus "preparer of drugs, poisoner" (see pharmacy). Related: Pharmaceuticals; pharmaceutically.
- 1. They identified six plants as having potential for development into pharmaceutical drugs.
- 2. an unholy alliance between the medical profession and the pharmaceutical industry
- 3. She has donated money to establish a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- 4. We are engaged in a legal tussle with a large pharmaceutical company.
- 5. She's a research biologist for a pharmaceutical company.
[ pharmaceutical 造句 ]