- vi. 冲刺；喷出；迸发
- n. 冲刺；喷射
- vt. 喷射；喷出
来自拟声词根辅音丛 sp-,吐，喷出，比较 spate,spew,spit,spout,sputter.
- spurt: see spit
- spurt (v.)
- "to gush out, squirt," 1560s, variant of spirt, perhaps cognate with Middle High German spürzen "to spit," and sprützen "to squirt" (see sprout (v.)). Related: Spurted; spurting. The noun in this sense is attested from 1775.
- spurt (n.)
- "brief burst of activity," 1560s, variant of spirt "brief period of time" (1540s), of uncertain origin, perhaps somehow connected with spurt (v.).
- 1. He hit her on the head, causing her too to spurt blood.
- 2. The recent spurt in violence has demoralised the public.
- 3. I flushed bright red as a spurt of anger flashed through me.
- 4. At adolescence, muscles go through a growth spurt.
- 5. I saw flames spurt from the roof.
[ spurt 造句 ]