英 ['kwɒdrʊp(ə)l; kwɒ'druːp(ə)l]
- adj. 四倍的；四重的
- vt. 使…成四倍
- vi. 成为四倍
- n. 四倍
- quadruple (v.)
- late 14c., from Middle French quadrupler, from Late Latin quadruplare "make fourfold, multiply by four," from Latin quadruplus (adj.) "quadruple, fourfold" (see quadruple (adj.)).
- quadruple (adj.)
- 1550s, from Middle French quadruple (13c.), from Latin quadruplus "fourfold," from quadri- "four" (see quadru-) + -plus "-fold" (see -plus).
- 1. They could sell their merchandise for quadruple the asking price.
- 2. There was a proposal in the United States to quadruple its annual intake of immigrants.
- 3. We have hope to quadruple the total industrial and agricultural output by the end of the century, which is a lofty aim.
- 我们有雄心壮志,到本世纪末, 使工农业生产总值翻两番.
- 4. The power utilities will need to quadruple their capacity.
- 5. Clyde was not a quadruple - dyed villain.
- 克莱德并不是一个 彻头彻尾 的坏蛋.
[ quadruple 造句 ]