- leotard:  The leotard commemorates the French trapeze artist Jules Léotard (1830–70), who wore such a garment when he was performing. He was one of the foremost circus acrobats of his day, and a pioneer of aerial stunts: he performed the first mid-air somersault, and invented the ‘flying trapeze’ (he became known as the ‘Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze’, from George Leybourne’s song (1860) of that name), but fate has decreed that his name should be passed down to posterity in the form of a one-piece exercise garment.
- leotard (n.)
- 1881, leotards, named for Jules Léotard (1830-1870), popular French trapeze artist, who performed in such a garment.
- 1. Hell, if I had an ass like that I'd wear a leotard.
- 该死, 如果我有个像那样的屁股的话一定会穿一条紧身连衣裤.
- 2. Not a CD or a suggestion for a leotard ( does Madonna ever wear pants anymore? ).
- 不是一张CD或者一个关于紧身连衣裤的建议 ( Madonna还穿裤子 吗 ? ).
[ leotard 造句 ]