CET6+ IELTS TOEFL
1、oc- "over" + cup- (intensive form of cap-) + -ant.
2、含义：take over, seize, take into possession, possess, occupy.
- occupant (n.)
- 1590s, "one who takes possession of something having no owner," from Middle French occupant (15c.) or directly from Latin occupantem (nominative occupans), present participle of occupare "to take possession of" (see occupy). Earlier noun form was ocupier (early 14c.).
- 1. In the United States lanes are reserved for cars with more than one occupant.
- 2. He shrug his low opinion of the occupant of the room.
- 3. He pushed the frightened occupant aside and rushed out through the doorway.
- 4. He shrugged his low opinion of the occupant of the room.
- 5. The coffee - room had no other occupant, that forenoon, than the gentleman in brown.
[ occupant 造句 ]