英 [viː'njet; vɪ-]
- n. 装饰图案；小插图
- vt. 把……印放为虚光照，晕映
- n. (Vignette)人名；(法)维涅特
1. vine => vigne "vine" (古法语的同源音变词) + -ette (法语指小后缀).
2. "decorative design," originally a design in the form of vine tendrils around the borders of a book page, especially a picture page.
3. Sense transferred from the border to the picture itself, then to a type of small photographic portrait with blurred edges.
- vignette:  A vignette is etymologically a picture with a border of ‘vine’ tendrils, leaves, etc round it. The word comes from Old French vignette, a diminutive form of vigne ‘vine’ (source of English vine and related to English wine). It was originally applied to decorations in medieval manuscripts, but it was then transferred to the border around pictures, and finally to the pictures themselves. The conscious link with ‘vines’ now became broken, and in the 19th century the term moved on to a ‘head-andshoulders photograph’ and (metaphorically) a ‘short verbal description’.
=> vine, wine
- vignette (n.)
- 1751, "decorative design," originally a design in the form of vine tendrils around the borders of a book page, especially a picture page, from French vignette, from Old French diminutive of vigne "vineyard" (see vine). Sense transferred from the border to the picture itself, then (1853) to a type of small photographic portrait with blurred edges very popular mid-19c. Meaning "literary sketch" is first recorded 1880, probably from the photographic sense.
- 1. The book is an excellent vignette of some of the major debates in science.
- 2. Few filters like grain, vignette lighting and color enhancement was applied.
- 如谷物, 一个个几个滤波器的照明和颜色的运用增强.
- 3. This vignette captures rather well the secret of Mrs Palin's appeal.
- 4. Martin Logan Vignette - New In Box - Authorized Dealer!
- 李柱铭洛根小品 - 框中新 - 授权经销商!
- 5. Add a very strong fake vignette.
[ vignette 造句 ]