- n. 征收；征兵，征税
- vt. 征收（税等）；征集（兵等）
- vi. 征税；征兵
- n. (Levy)人名；(西、意、葡、芬、法、瑞典)莱维；(英、以)利维
CET6 TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研
- levy (v.)
- early 13c., "act of raising or collecting," from Anglo-French leve, from Old French levée "act of raising," noun use of fem. past participle of lever "to raise" (see lever). Originally of taxes, later of men for armies (c. 1500). Related: Levied; levying.
- levy (n.)
- "an act of levying," early 15c., from Anglo-French leve, Old French levée "a raising, lifting; levying," noun use of fem. past participle of lever "to raise" (see lever).
- 1. It turns out Levy is talking in metaphorical terms.
- 2. A direct food levy was imposed by the local government.
- 3. They levy a tax on him.
- 4. Mr. Levy is chief economist at Bank of America.
- 5. The result is similar to that reported by 0 Levy , et al in 1980.
[ levy 造句 ]