CET6+ TEM4 IELTS GRE 考 研
- lottery (n.)
- 1560s, "arrangement for a distribution of prizes by chance," from Italian lotteria, from lotto "lot, portion, share," from same root as Old English hlot (see lot). Compare Middle French loterie, from Middle Dutch loterje, from lot (n.).
- 1. Imagine winning the local lottery first prize of £5,000.
- 2. She bought a lottery ticket and won more than $33 million.
- 3. He won no less than ￡5000 in the lottery.
- 4. Since winning the lottery, they've been living in clover.
- 中奖之后, 他们过着舒适优裕的生活.
- 5. They thought themselves lucky in the lottery of life.
[ lottery 造句 ]