来自拉丁语Jesuita,耶稣会会士，即Society of Jesus成员，成立于1533年的基督教分支。为其它基督教分支如天主教和新教所鄙视而词义贬义化。
- 1540s, from Modern Latin Jesuita, member of the Society of Jesus, founded 1533 by Ignatius Loyola to combat Protestantism. Their enemies (in both Catholic and Protestant lands) accused them of belief that ends justify means, hence the sense "a dissembling person" (1630s), and jesuitical "deceitful" (1610s).
- 1. The transept of the Jesuit Church in Gardiner Street was almost full.
- 2. A price was set on the head of every Jesuit.
- 3. The Jesuit interlude in China: role of Jesuits in science, military technology, and philosophy and West.
- 天主教耶稣会在中国: 耶稣会在东西方科学 、 军事科技及哲学所扮演穿针引线的角色.
- 4. In 1601, the Italian Jesuit Matteo Ricci reached Beijing. A new Catholic community took shape.
- 5. I, with my Jesuit - inspired confidence in reason and evidence, have always resisted this.
- 而我, 在我那受到耶稣会激发的对原因和证据的信心鼓舞下, 总是抵触这样的说法.
[ Jesuit 造句 ]