CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
来自古英语 treg,木板，木盘，来自 Proto-Germanic*trawja,木制容器，来自 PIE*deru,树，词 源同 tree,dendrite.tray 背叛
来自中古英语 trayen,背叛，来自古法语 trair,背叛，来自拉丁语 tradere,转移，移交，词源同 tradition,treason,betray.该词基本上已废弃，主要见于复合词 betray.
- tray: see tree
- tray (n.)
- Old English treg, trig "flat wooden board with a low rim," from Proto-Germanic *traujam (cognates: Old Swedish tro, a corn measure), from PIE *drou-, variant of *deru-, forming words refering to objects made of wood (see tree (n.)). The primary sense may have been "wooden vessel."
- 1. Place the frozen rolls on a greased baking tray.
- 2. She brought in a tray heavy with elegant sandwiches, scones and cakes.
- 3. I watched as he got a tray and joined the queue.
- 4. A man came round with a tray of chocolates.
- 5. She deposited the loaded tray.
[ tray 造句 ]