- n. 野草（weed的复数形式）；丧服；（悼念用的）黑纱
- v. 清除（weed的第三人称单数形式）；除去杂草；除去无用的东西
- weeds (n.)
- "garments" (now surviving, if at all, in widow's weeds), plural of archaic weed, from Old English wæd, wæde "robe, dress, apparel, garment, clothing," from Proto-Germanic *wedo (cognates: Old Saxon wadi, Old Frisian wede "garment," Old Norse vað "cloth, texture," Old High German wat "garment"), probably from PIE *wedh-, extended form of root *au- (3) "to weave." Archaic since early 19c.
- 1. With repeated applications of weedkiller, the weeds were overcome.
- 2. We hurried on until we reached a courtyard overgrown with weeds.
- 3. Weeds are an index to the character of the soil.
- 4. Weeds had swallowed up the garden.
- 5. If left unchecked, weeds will flourish.
[ weeds 造句 ]