英 美 [,kɑrbə'nɪfərəs]
- adj. 石炭纪的，石炭系的
- n. 石炭纪，石炭层
- Carboniferous (adj.)
- 1830 with reference the geological period, from a word formed in English in 1799 to mean "coal-bearing," from Latin carbo (genitive carbonis) "coal" (see carbon) + -ferous "producing, containing, bearing," from ferre "to bear" (see infer). The great coal beds of Europe were laid down during this period. As a stand-alone noun (short for Carboniferous Period) from 1940s.
- 1. The hills are largely carboniferous limestone, which is quarried at several sites.
- 从多处遗址的挖掘来看, 这片丘陵大部分属石炭纪石灰岩.
- 2. In Early Carboniferous, Tianshan mountains entered an intraplate evolution stage.
- 3. WHERE HAINAN ISLAND IS IN CARBONIFEROUS - PERMIAN PERIOD?
- 4. The zimenqiao Formation silicalite of Lower Carboniferous is the country rock of Changkeng Au - Ag deposit.
- 5. Carboniferous, limestone and other minerals rich in resources, especially the River trail known Carboniferous distance.
- 石炭 、 石灰石等矿产资源丰富, 特别是小道河石炭远近有名.
[ Carboniferous 造句 ]