英 ['stɪərɒɪd; 'sterɒɪd]
1. ster- "solid, stiff" + -oid.
- steroid (n.)
- naturally occuring substance based on a carbon skeleton similar to that of sterol molecules, 1936, from sterol + -oid "resembling." Related: Steroids.
- 1. I felt so strange on the steroid injections. I was as high as a kite some of the time.
- 2. He lists three types of steroid sex hormones that function in mammals.
- 3. Testosterone is an androgen or male steroid hormone.
- 4. These patients, however, had received only a short course of steroid therapy.
- 然而, 这些患者仅仅接受了短程类固醇激素治疗.
- 5. Second - line agents were used for steroid dependence, steroid resistance, or frequent relapses.
- 二线的药物被用于激素依赖型 、 激素抵抗型和频繁复发者.
[ steroid 造句 ]