- n. 细长三角旗；奖旗；信号旗
- n. (Pennant)人名；(英)彭南特
- pennant (n.)
- 1610s, "rope for hoisting," probably a blend of pendant in the nautical sense of "suspended rope" and pennon. Use for "flag on a warship" first recorded 1690s; "flag symbolizing a sports championship" (especially baseball) is from 1880; as a synonym for "championship" it was first used 1915.
- 1. The Red Sox lost the pennant to Detroit by a single game.
- 2. The second car was flying the Ghanaian pennant.
- 3. The revitalized team came from the cellar to win the pennant.
- 4. For the first time in 20 years, we won the pennant!
- 5. Pennant is now due to return to Arsenal on April 19.
[ pennant 造句 ]