CET6 TEM4 CET4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL
1、re- "again" + fresh => refresh.
2、refresh + -ment.
- refreshment (n.)
- late 14c., "act or fact of refreshing," originally mental and spiritual, from Old French refreschement (Modern French rafraîchissement, from refreschier (see refresh). Refreshments, of food and drink only, from 1660s.
- 1. Would you care to partake of some refreshment?
- 2. He needs to stop fairly often for refreshment.
- 3. They will be laying on liquid refreshment to fortify brides-to-be for the shopping extravaganza ahead.
- 4. Having not yet lunched, we went to the refreshment bar for ham sandwiches.
- 5. I hurried down to the platform and into the refreshment room , Steve was nowhere to be seen.
[ refreshment 造句 ]