- vt. 摇动；振动
- n. 西迷舞（一种爵士舞）；摇动；女式衬衣
一种带性挑逗和暗示的舞蹈，可能缩写自短语 shake the shimmy,抖起超短裙，来自 chemise 方言发言，女衬裙。引申词义摇动，晃动。
- shimmy (v.)
- "do a suggestive dance," 1918, perhaps via phrase shake the shimmy, which is possibly from shimmy (n.), a U.S. dialectal form of chemise (mistaken as a plural; compare shammy) first recorded 1837. Or perhaps the verb is related to shimmer (v.) via a notion of glistening light. Transferred sense of "vibration of a motor vehicle" is from 1925. Related: Shimmied; shimmying. As a noun, the name of a popular, fast, suggestive pre-flapper dance, by 1919.
- 1. You won't find anyone here to do an Asian shimmy.
- 2. Using these optimized parameters, the wheel shimmy motion simulated.
- 3. I want to shimmy when I dance and wiggle when I walk.
- 4. He could feel the shimmy in the steering wheel.
- 5. A mathematical model for wheel shimmy of off - road vehicle was established.
- 以一类 越野车 为研究时象,建立前轮摆振系统的数学模型.
[ shimmy 造句 ]