英 ['dɪskɔːs; -'kɔːs]
- n. 论述；谈话；演讲
- vi. 演说；谈论；讲述
- vt. 说出；演奏出
CET6+ TEM4 GRE 考 研 TOEFL CET6
dis-, 分开，散开。course, 跑，跑道。原指谈话，全面的了解，后用来指论文，演讲。比较discuss, dissertation.
- discourse: see course
- discourse (n.)
- late 14c., "process of understanding, reasoning, thought," from French discours, from Latin discursus "a running about," in Late Latin "conversation," from past participle stem of discurrere "run about," from dis- "apart" (see dis-) + currere "to run" (see current (adj.)). Sense of "formal speech or writing" is first recorded 1580s.
- discourse (v.)
- 1540s, from discourse (n.). Related: Discoursed; discoursing.
- 1. Gates responds with a lengthy discourse on deployment strategy.
- 2. Other forms of discourse have successfully been decoupled from politics.
- 3. a discourse on issues of gender and sexuality
- 4. She embarked on a discourse about the town's origins.
- 5. We'll discourse on the subject tonight.
[ discourse 造句 ]