TEM4 CET4 GRE CET6
1. in- + tent- + -ion + -al.
2. 含义：stretch into sth, stretch on sth. => direct one's attention into sth, direct one's attention on sth.
- intentional (adj.)
- 1520s, from Medieval Latin intentionalis, from intentionem (see intention). Intentional fallacy recorded from 1946. Related: Intentionality.
- 1. Civil disobedience, violent or non-violent, is intentional law breaking.
- 2. She looked at him closely to see if his evasiveness was intentional.
- 3. I'm sorry I left you off the list—it wasn't intentional.
- 4. Let me assure you that it was not intentional.
- 5. His insult was intentional.
[ intentional 造句 ]