- worsted (n.)
- woolen fabric made from twisted yarn, late 13c., from Worstead (Old English Wurðestede), town in Norfolk where the cloth originally was made.
- 1. a grey worsted suit
- 2. She was determined , and had worsted him in a very important contest.
- 她已经铁了心, 而且在一次重要的交锋中击败了他.
来自英汉文学 - 嘉莉妹妹
- 3. Always , it was a duel in which she was worsted.
- 4. Worsted systems show more complexity and variety than cotton systems.
- 5. Figure 4 outlines the operations that take place in woolen and worsted fabric manufacturing.
[ worsted 造句 ]