来自拉丁语 Sclavus,来自希腊语 Sklabos,来自古斯拉夫语 Sloveninu,斯拉夫人，通常认为来自 Proto-Slavic*slovo,字，词，说话。字面意思即能说话的民族。比较 barbarian,野蛮人，来自 希腊语 barbaros,外国人，陌生人，字面意思即含混不清说话的人，模仿巴拉巴拉说话的声音。
- Slav (n.)
- late 14c., Sclave, from Medieval Latin Sclavus (c.800), from Byzantine Greek Sklabos (c.580), from Old Church Slavonic Sloveninu "a Slav," probably related to slovo "word, speech," which suggests the name originally identified a member of a speech community (compare Old Church Slavonic Nemici "Germans," related to nemu "dumb;" and Old English þeode, which meant both "race" and "language").
Identical with the -slav in personal names (such as Russian Miroslav, literally "peaceful fame;" Mstislav "vengeful fame;" Jaroslav "famed for fury;" Czech Bohuslav "God's glory;" and see Wenceslas). Spelled Slave c. 1788-1866, influenced by French and German Slave. As an adjective from 1876.
- 1. The first Slav pope, John Paul, said that providence had chosen him to proclaim the spiritual unity of Europe.
- 2. Her husband is a Slav.
- 3. Ni Hua and despite the best out Slav defense, but was still down sea - Tao Shan .
- 而倪华尽管拿出最擅长的斯拉夫防御, 但还是被 陶善海 压住.
- 4. Party of Democratic Action - Montenegro: Slav Muslim Party, affiliated to PDA of Bosnia and Herzegovina; Leader - Harun Hadzic.
- 黑山民主运动党: 斯拉夫穆斯林政党, 隶属于波黑民主行动党; 领导人-龙·季奇.
[ Slav 造句 ]