- n. 卡特尔；企业联合；垄断联盟；俘虏交换条约
- n. (Cartel)人名；(法)卡泰尔
- cartel: see chart
- cartel (n.)
- 1550s, "a written challenge," from Middle French cartel (16c.), from Italian cartello "placard," diminutive of carta "card" (see card (n.1)). It came to mean "written agreement between challengers" (1690s) and then "a written agreement between challengers" (1889). Sense of "a commercial trust, an association of industrialists" comes 1902, via German Kartell, which is from French. The older U.S. term for that is trust (n.). The usual German name for them was Interessengemeinschaft, abbreviated IG.
- 1. He acted as a frontman for a drugs cartel.
- 2. Since 1993 OPEC, the oil cartel dominated by Saudi Arabia, has kept its output constant at around 25m barrels a day.
- 3. Cartel members may defect by behaving competitively.
- 4. Almost no one sincerely likes winter except the oil cartel and the cough syrup magnates.
- 5. In the classic script for a Cartel , the group sets a unified optimally exploiting price structure.
- 按照卡特尔的传统范本, 这个集团制定出一个统一的最有利于剥削的价格结构.
[ cartel 造句 ]