flot, 同fleet,舰队。-illa, 小词后缀。
- flotilla: see float
- flotilla (n.)
- "a small fleet," 1711, from Spanish flotilla, diminutive of flota "a fleet," from flotar "to float," which is said to be from Old French floter "to float, set afloat," which is from a word in Frankish or some other Germanic language corresponding to Old English flood (n.). Compare Old Norse floti "raft; fleet." Sometimes also "a fleet of small ships."
- 1. The supporters of the Gaza - bound aid flotilla had more than humanitarian intentions.
- 2. The German Mediterranean submarine flotilla officially was formed on 18 th November 1915.
- 3. We go flotilla cruise in the aegean.
- 4. The speed of a flotilla is not determined by the fastest ship, but the slowest one.
- 一个船队,决定它速度快慢的不是那个航行最快的船只, 而是那个最慢的船只.
- 5. Captain Watson this morning announced of a secret third ship in the Sea Shepherd flotilla.
[ flotilla 造句 ]