con-, 强调。-script, 写，词源同description.
- conscript (n.)
- 1800, perhaps a back-formation (influenced by French adjective conscrit) from conscription.
- conscript (v.)
- 1813, American English, from conscript (n.). A word from the militia drafts in the War of 1812. Popularized (or unpopularized) during U.S. Civil War, when both sides resorted to it in 1862. Related: Conscripted; conscripting.
- conscript (adj.)
- 1530s, from Latin conscriptus, past participle of conscribere "to draw up, list," literally "to write together" (see conscription).
- 1. One young conscript rose with a message of thanks, his voice choked with emotion.
- 2. " No, it'd be like dragging in a conscript. "
- “ 不, 简直是拉来的夫子. ”
来自汉英文学 - 围城
- 3. They conscript both capital and labour.
- 4. Your body accords with conscript requirement completely.
- 5. Did Rambo volunteer to fight in Vietnam, or was he a conscript, drafted against his will?
- 发布兰博志愿打击在越南, 或者是他应征, 起草对他的意愿 吗 ?
[ conscript 造句 ]