CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1、under + take.
3、At here, the under is not the usual word meaning "beneath," but from Old English under, from PIE *enter- "between, among". 另见：understand.
词源理解存争议。under-, 来自inter-变体，在里面，词源同interact, understand, take, 带走，承担。即承担起来的。
- undertake (v.)
- c. 1200, "to entrap;" c. 1300, "to set about (to do)," from under + take (v.). Similar formation in French entreprendre "to undertake," from entre "between, among" + prendre "to take." The under in this word may be the same one that also may form the first element of understand. Old English had underniman "to trap, accept" (cognate with Dutch ondernemen, German unternehmen).
- 1. It seemed a singularly ill-judged enterprise for Truman to undertake.
- 2. I can undertake that you will enjoy the play.
- 3. We can't undertake that you will make a profit.
- 4. Who will undertake the job of decorating the auditorium?
- 5. If you will undertake the affair, I shall be very grateful.
- 要是你愿意承办这件事, 我将不胜感激.
[ undertake 造句 ]