- n. 漂流到海岸的货物；投弃货物；[水运] 船舶遇险时投弃的货物
- jetsam (n.)
- 1560s, jottsome "act of throwing goods overboard to lighten a ship," alteration and contraction of Middle English jetteson, from Anglo-French getteson, Old French getaison "a throwing" (see jettison). Intermediate forms were jetson, jetsome; the form perhaps was deformed by influence of flotsam. From 1590s as "goods thrown overboard;" figurative use by 1861. For distinction of meaning, see flotsam.
- 1. The beaches are wide and filled with interesting flotsam and jetsam .
- 2. Sick and starving refugees are the flotsam and jetsam of war.
- 3. You know the difference between flotsam and jetsam?
- 你知道流浪者和难民的不同之处 吗 ?
- 4. Jetsam: Someone who could make all your dreams come true.
- 渍: 我们可以使你梦想成真.
- 5. After the storm, the sea was covered with flotsam and jetsam.
- 暴风雨后, 海上漂浮着遇难船只的残骸和货物.
[ jetsam 造句 ]