- vt. 使…相异；使…不同
- vi. 相异；意见分歧
- n. (Differ)人名；(法)迪费
CET4 TEM4 IELTS 考 研 CET6
dis-, 分开，不同。-fer, 携带，含有，词源同bring, infer. 即不同的，分开的。
- differ (v.)
- late 14c., from Old French differer (14c.) and directly from Latin differre "to set apart, differ," from dis- "away from" (see dis-) + ferre "carry" (see infer).
Two senses that were present in Latin have gone separate ways in English since c. 1500 with defer (transitive) and differ (intransitive). Related: Differed; differing.
- 1. That is where we differ.
- 2. Management styles differ.
- 3. Your needs can differ from day to day.
- 4. The two theories differ from each other in many ways.
- 5. One's opinion tends to differ in accordance with one's standpoint.
[ differ 造句 ]