- unscathed (adj.)
- late 14c., from un- (1) "not" + past participle of scathe (v.). Mainly in Scottish before 19c. Similar formation in Old Norse ostaðaðr, Swedish oskadad.
- 1. East Los Angeles was left relatively unscathed by the riots.
- 2. The tobacco industry escaped unscathed from its toughest legal challenge.
- 3. The hostages emerged from their ordeal unscathed .
- 4. Amazingly, the driver walked away from the accident completely unscathed.
- 让人惊讶的是, 司机在车祸中安然生还.
- 5. The company came through the crisis apparently unscathed.
[ unscathed 造句 ]