- adj. 阴天的；阴暗的；愁闷的
- vt. 使沮丧；包缝；遮蔽
1、over "遍布在…的上面；覆盖在…的上面；扩展到…的全部" + cast.
2、含义："cover, overspread" as with a garment, usually of weather.
- overcast (adj.)
- c. 1300, of weather, past participle adjective from verb overcast (early 13c.), "to overthrow," also "to cover, to overspread" as with a garment, usually of weather, from over- + cast (v.).
- 1. The weather forecast is for showers and overcast skies.
- 2. It was a cold, windy, overcast afternoon in Washington.
- 3. The overcast and rainy weather found out his arthritis.
- 4. The sky was overcast, the ligtning leaped from cloud to cloud.
- 天空乌云密布, 电光在云块间闪动.
- 5. It became overcast all of a sudden.
[ overcast 造句 ]