1、clav- + -ic + -le(diminutive).
2、literally "small key, bolt".
4、So called supposedly from its function as the "fastener" of the shoulder.
- clavicle (n.)
- "collarbone," 1610s, from Middle French clavicule "collarbone" (16c.), also "small key," from Medieval Latin clavicula "collarbone" (used c.980 in a translation of Avicenna), special use of classical Latin clavicula, literally "small key, bolt," diminutive of clavis "key" (see slot (n.2)); in the anatomical sense a loan-translation of Greek kleis "key, collarbone." So called supposedly from its function as the "fastener" of the shoulder. Related: Clavicular.
- 1. Objective Explore the therapy and effect of clavicle fracture.
- 2. Objective To study method to treat unstable fractures of the clavicle.
- 3. Results: All patients expressed developmental abnormality of crania, teeth and clavicle.
- 结果: 患者表现不同程度的颅骨 、 牙齿、锁骨发育障碍.
- 4. A complete palpation of the entire chest cage, including the clavicle, ribs, and sternum.
- 完整仔细检查整个胸廓, 包括锁骨 、 肋骨 、 胸骨.
- 5. Methods: Using the sterncleimastiod myocutaneous flap with half a piece of clavicle to reconstruct the defect.
[ clavicle 造句 ]