- serviceable (adj.)
- "ready to do service," early 14c., from Old French servicable, from servise (see service (n.1)). Related: Serviceability.
Edgar: I know thee well: a serviceable villain,
As duteous to the vices of thy mistress
As badness would desire.
["King Lear," IV.vi.]
- 1. The carpet is worn but still serviceable.
- 2. Passports are frequently serviceable in proving the identity of the traveller.
- 3. When this building is repaired, it will be serviceable.
- 4. A customer took a perfectly serviceable washing machine in for repair, only to be told it needed replacing.
- 5. His Arabic was not as good as his English, but serviceable enough.
[ serviceable 造句 ]