- n. 矾；明矾
- n. (Alum)人名；(西)阿卢姆
词源同ale, 苦啤。指明矾味酸苦。-um, 金属元素后缀。
- alum (n.)
- late 14c., "whitish mineral salt used as an astringent, dye, etc.," from Old French alum, from Latin alumen "alum," literally "bitter salt," cognate with Greek aludoimos "bitter" and perhaps with English ale.
- 1. Alum will settle turbid water.
- 2. Add the alum slowly to the cup of hot water.
- 3. But chemical mordents mordants such as allon alum are popular today.
- 4. The doors are made laminated panel and G shape alum . handle.
- 5. It has triumphantly used in measuring alum images system in waterworks.
[ alum 造句 ]