TEM8 CET4 IELTS GRE CET6
- vex: see vehicle
- vex (v.)
- early 15c., from Old French vexer "vex, harass" (14c.), from Latin vexare "to shake, jolt, toss violently;" figuratively "attack, harass, trouble, annoy," from vexus, collateral form of vectus, past participle of vehere "to draw, carry" (see vehicle). Related: Vexed; vexing.
- 1. I hope not, else he will vex my father.
- 我希望不是, 否则他要惹恼我父亲了.
- 2. I didn't think to vex you by such a trifle.
- 3. I wouldn't vex my darling, for the wide world's riches.
- 4. His silly chatter would vex a saint.
- 5. I didn't vex my mind with the questions.
[ vex 造句 ]