- n. 三脚火炉架；三脚架
- n. (Trivet)人名；(英)特里维特
来自古英语 trefet,三角铁架，来自拉丁语 tripus,来自 tri-, 三，pus,脚，词源同 foot.字母 f,p,v 音变，比较 rift,riparian,river.
- trivet: see foot
- trivet (n.)
- three-legged iron stand, 12c., trefet, probably from a noun use of Latin tripedem (nominative tripes) "three-footed," from tri- "three" (see three) + pes "foot," from PIE root *ped- (1) "a foot" (see foot (n.)).
- 1. Next, we turned down the Congressman's son and the Governor's -- right as a trivet, I confess it.
- 再往后, 咱们又没看上众议员和州长家的公子 —— 我承认这也没有什么不妥.
来自英汉文学 - 三万元遗产
- 2. He went to bed as as a trivet. Shall I run up and look at him?
- 他去睡觉时是很好的呀, 要我上楼去看看他 吗 ?
- 3. Joan was feverish last night, but she is as right as a trivet his morning.
- 琼昨晚发烧, 但是今早她完全好了.
[ trivet 造句 ]