1. rotund, (肉团的)。
来自拉丁语 rota,轮子，词源同 round,roll,rotate.-und,形容词后缀。引申词义圆的，圆胖的。
- rotund (adj.)
- 1705, from Latin rotundus "rolling, round, circular, spherical, like a wheel," from rota "wheel" (see rotary). Earlier was rotound (1610s); rotounde (early 15c.). Meaning "full-toned style of oratory" (1830) is after Horace's ore rotundo in "Poetics."
- 1. A rotund, smiling, red-faced gentle-man appeared.
- 2. the rotund figure of Mr Stevens
- 3. A rotund, smiling, red-faced gentleman appeared.
- 4. He spoke with rotund delivery . He chose his words carefully.
- 5. Mrs. Butler was sitting in rotund complacency at the foot of the table.
[ rotund 造句 ]