CET4 TEM4 考 研 TOEFL CET6
1. ef- "out" + fic- => fici- => effici-. 在这里取 out 的引申义：完成、结束(finish, end)之意。
2. meaning: 事情做完了，事情做结束了. => work out, accomplish.
3. => 引申为：事情做完、做结束后的效果。
4. effici- + -ent. => 有效的，有效果的，生效的。=> 高效的，效率高的，有本事的。
5. efficient => efficiency (efficient + -cy).
- efficiency (n.)
- 1590s, "power to accomplish something," from Latin efficientia "efficient power; efficiency; influence" (from efficientem; see efficient) + -cy. In mechanics, "ratio of useful work done to energy expended," from 1858. Attested from 1952 as short for efficiency apartment (itself from 1920).
- 1. The spa is the last word in luxury and efficiency.
- 2. Revenues from "green taxes" could then be channelled back into energy efficiency.
- 3. It was achieved with minimum fuss and maximum efficiency.
- 4. It doesn't take much to improve the energy efficiency of your home.
- 5. Defrost the fridge regularly so that it works at maximum efficiency.
[ efficiency 造句 ]