- prep. 到，直到；向（等于to）
- n. (Unto)人名；(芬)温托
un-，直到，来自PIE*ant, 前面，词源同ante-, anterior, to, 朝向。比较until.
- unto (prep.)
- mid-13c., perhaps a modification of until, with southern to in place of northern equivalent till. Or perhaps a contraction of native *und to, formed on the model of until from Old English *un- "up to, as far as," cognate of the first element in until. "Very rare in standard writers of the 18th c.," according to OED, and since then chiefly in dignified, archaic, or Biblical styles.
- 1. Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
- 2. And he said unto him, "Who is my neighbor?"
- 3. I will do unto others what they did to me.
- 4. Be ye faithful unto the end.
- 5. The angel appeared unto him in a dream.
[ unto 造句 ]