- vt. 盖印；强征；传送；给予某人深刻印象
- vi. 给人印象
- n. 印象，印记；特征，痕迹
CET4 TEM4 考 研 CET6
- impress: see press
- impress (v.)
- late 14c., "have a strong effect on the mind or heart," from Latin impressus, past participle of imprimere "press into or upon, stamp," from assimilated form of in- "into, in, on, upon" (see in- (2)) + premere "to press" (see press (v.1)). Literal sense of "to apply with pressure, make a permanent image in, indent, imprint" is from early 15c. in English. Sense of "to levy for military service" is from 1590s, a meaning more from press (v.2). Related: Impressed; impressing.
- impress (n.)
- "act of impressing," also "characteristic mark," 1590s, from impress (v.).
- 1. A style consultant will demonstrate how to dress to impress.
- 2. The speaker tried hard to impress the audience but left them cold.
- 3. The boys were vying with each other to impress her.
- 4. Time has left its impress upon him.
- 5. This section describes how to create, modify, apply and delete styles in Impress.
- 本节介绍Impress如何创建 、 修改 、 应用和删除样式.
[ impress 造句 ]