一种多刺的蔬菜。来自拉丁词borra, 同bristle, 刺毛。
- borage:  The plant-name borage comes via Old French bourrache from Latin borrāgo. Various words have been advanced as an ultimate source, including late Latin burra ‘shaggy cloth’, on account of its hairy leaves, but in view of the fact that the Arabs used the plant medicinally to induce sweating, the likeliest contender is Arabic abū ‘āraq, literally ‘father of sweat’.
- borage (n.)
- flowering plant used in salads, mid-13c., from Anglo-French, Old French borage (13c., Modern French bourrache), from Medieval Latin borrago. Klein says this is ultimately from Arabic abu arak, literally "the father of sweat," so called by Arab physicians for its effect on humans. But OED says it's from Latin borra "rough hair, short wool," in reference to the texture of the foliage.
- 1. So do sage, dill, oregano, borage, chamomile and several kinds of thyme.
- 同样的,鼠尾草 、 萝 、 至 、 璃苣 、 菊和各种百里香也都如此.
- 2. Borage is also used as a flavoring in yogurt, cream, and vinaigrettes.
- 琉璃苣并且用作为香料在酸奶 、 奶油 、 和香醋里.
- 3. Borage can be eaten raw or cooked.
- 4. Borage Seed Oil, Dead Sea Mineral Water, Olive Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Liposomes ( Phospholipids ).
- 琉璃苣菜籽油, 死海矿物水, 橄榄油, 晚樱草油, 脂质体 ( 磷脂 ).
- 5. Beeswax, Mineral Oil, Lanolin, Evening Primrose Oil, Olive Oil, Dead Sea Mineral Water, Borage Seed Oil.
- 蜂蜡, 矿物油, 羊毛脂, 晚樱草油, 橄榄油, 死海矿物水, 琉璃苣菜籽油.
[ borage 造句 ]