- vt. 看；注视；把...视为
- vi. 看
- int. 瞧；看呀
前缀be-, 强调。hold, 维持，持有。用于古义指长久的看，注视。
- behold: see hold
- behold (v.)
- Old English bihaldan (West Saxon behealdan) "give regard to, hold in view," also "to keep hold of, to belong to," from be- + haldan, healdan (see hold). Related: Beheld; beholding. A common West Germanic compound, compare Old Saxon bihaldan "hold, keep," Old Frisian bihalda, Old High German bihaltan, German behalten, but "[t]he application to watching, looking, is confined to English" [OED].
- 1. A well-executed shot of a tall ship is a joy to behold.
- 2. Behold a series of thrilling photographs of Felix.
- 3. He was a joy to behold.
- 4. Her face was a joy to behold.
- 5. The industry of these little ants is wonderful to behold.
[ behold 造句 ]