- vi. 下雨夹雪；下冰雹
- vt. 冻雨拍打；使下霰般落下
- n. 雨夹雪；雨淞
可能来自中古高地德语 sloten,冰雹，来自 Proto-Germanic*slaut,冰雹。
- sleet (n.)
- c. 1300, slete, either from an unrecorded Old English *slete, *slyte, related to Middle High German sloz, Middle Low German sloten (plural) "hail," from Proto-Germanic *slautjan- (cognates: dialectal Norwegian slutr, Danish slud, Swedish sloud "sleet"), from root *slaut-.
- sleet (v.)
- early 14c., from sleet (n.). Related: Sleeted; sleeting.
- 1. Northern Kentucky is likely to get snow mixed with sleet.
- 2. The wind began to build and the sleet to blow about.
- 3. Driving sleet brought more problems to roads last night.
- 4. Conditions were damp and foggy after morning sleet.
- 5. An icy sleet was beginning to fall.
[ sleet 造句 ]